Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Grand Canyon Experience




We had a vacation to Grand Canyon for the very first time last March. A month preparation was truly an ideal one for planning a trip. I tried to search for the do's and don'ts for our Grand Canyon vacation and good thing I followed those tips that helped us throughout our one week stay in the southern rim of Grand Canyon.

We drove along the rim to Desert View Drive which goes nearly along the rim for 26 miles east of Grand Canyon Village to Desert View which is the Entrance of East to the South Rim using an RV. We were so lucky to book an RV from RV Rentals. The agents provided me with alternatives that were pretty irresistible. We were very attracted with fantastic overlooks and views of the Canyon. We camped at the Mather Campground and I think it was the most accessible campground along the south rim of the canyon. The site was spacious, shady and quiet wherein you can appreciate the beauty of nature through its attractive forest. We haven't had a hard time finding for some food or anything we needed during our trip because there were restaurants and grocery stores nearby. Laundry and showers were also available in the campsites.

There was one thing lacking in the site: there were no hookups around the site but all in all they offer excellent campsite services. Their staffs, amenities and accessibility made us decide to have another visit in Grand Canyon next year.


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the high safety values that radiated from all the guides. At no time did I feel nervous for the safety of my son or myself. The guides were intelligent and it showed in their behavior. Visit airplane tours grand canyon

    ReplyDelete

Share and tell me anything related to this post!